Full-Time Nurse Practitioner Womens Health Clinical Research
Nurse Practitioner Women’s Health
Job ID: 2014-6801
Campus: Einstein/Resnick – Bronx
Employee Classification: NYSNA Union
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University (Einstein) (http://www.einstein.yu.edu/) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation, and proud home to more than 3,000 faculty and staff, 750 medical students and 245 PhD students, including 116 students in the combined MD/PhD programs. As a longstanding national leader in biomedical research, Einstein has 300+ research laboratories and in 2012 the National Institutes of Health awarded Einstein $160 million in funding. Einstein offers challenging, exciting, and rewarding careers for highly talented individuals who are dedicated to advancing pioneering educational and research initiatives. We pride ourselves in our humanitarian mission of serving the community and promoting an academic and working culture that is both supportive and collaborative. At Einstein, science is truly at the heart of medicine. Link here (http://www.einstein.yu.edu/news/) to review Einstein stories in the media and watch a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uGRQU-CJR4) of Einstein’s history, recent successes and innovative plans for the future.
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education and psychology. Since welcoming our first class in 1955, Einstein has been an integral part of Yeshiva University, an institution that offers rewarding and challenging employment opportunities to qualified candidates in a wide range of disciplines.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year. Additionally, there is a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
We are seeking a Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner (NP) to participate in studies involving human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention. Our team of dedicated professionals is focused on the clinical testing of microbicides, drugs in development which are formulated as gels, tablets, films or rings for vaginal application to prevent the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. The research also focuses on defining the factors that contribute to genital tract immunity in healthy and HIV-infected adult and adolescent women.
The Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner (NP) is an integral part of the research team and will work collaboratively with members of the team (consisting of the principle investigators, research study assistants, data managers, nursing and administrative staff) to develop and conduct clinical trials and research studies. S/he is responsible for managing and coordinating the care of study subjects enrolled in therapeutic and non-therapeutic clinical research studies.
• Manage, coordinate and assume responsibility for activities of the specific research protocol to ensure safe and competent care and effective protocol management.
• Assist with protocol development, subject recruitment and regulatory documentation, including signed informed consent forms, relevant IRB approvals, source documentation, drug dispensing logs, subject logs, and study-related communications.
• Obtain informed consent and medical histories; providing counseling on HIV risk reduction and contraceptive options; administer study questionnaires; provide test results; conduct physical exams; prescribe study medications; assess symptoms and medication side effects; review laboratory results and reports; and help to manage adverse events.
• Assess the health status of assigned subject: perform medical histories and physical examinations (including pelvic exams, colposcopy and gynecologic biopsies). Handle routine blood sampling, administer medications as needed per protocol, and monitor subjects for adverse events.
• Implement subject intake and schedule subjects for studies. Review and interpret screening and diagnostic reports with the principal investigator.
• In collaboration with the physician plan, implement and evaluate individualized care based on subject assessment, and provide direct care to ensure implementation of specific research protocols.
• Monitor participants to ensure that research protocol is being followed. Keep accurate records documenting research activities.
• Complete case reports forms, source documentation and study reports to ensure that data is detailed and accurate. Organizational management of all aspects of the trial, timeliness in completing case report forms (CRFs), data entry, and reporting adverse events (AE’s).
• Design and implement teaching plans for study subjects to meet learning needs in relation to treatment and research process.
• Conduct all research activities in accordance with study protocol, standard operating procedures and other appropriate institutional regulations, procedures, and policies, including procedures to safeguard confidentiality of study participants.
• Communication of all protocol-related issues to the appropriate management staff, including but not limited to questions regarding the conduct of the clinical trial/research study, concerns regarding possible AE’s or subject compliance.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Background:
• Valid NYS Nurse Practitioner license required
• Minimum of two years experience as a Nurse Practitioner, with demonstrated experience in women’s health required; experience in clinical research studies involving human subjects, preferably with HIV/AIDS trials preferred
Skills and Competencies:
• Familiarity with database utilization, regulatory compliance and human subjects protection issues required
• Knowledge of standards of good clinical practice required
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with professional and ancillary personnel, and to demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation
• Must be able to work with several members of the study team at various locations as needed
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f689ryj
How to Apply
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f689ryj